“For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope”Romans 15:4
Christian Education Reimagined
Christian Education has traditionally looked something like this: Purchase a book, read the book by the time the group meets, schedule a time to meet and discuss it. But there is one unifying problem with this model – life happens. What if you don’t have the means to purchase the materials? What if your busy schedule prevents you from the discussion time? What if the material isn’t applicable to my life?
That is no longer a worry
When we took it back the drawing board we came up with three principles when it comes to our programming:
- It should be free
- It should be accessible
- It should be relevant
Thus, we drafted our own curriculum from the ground up where all the videos and stories come from the very people of this church and uploaded it to a universal model, Google Classroom, the reimagined way of accessing and partaking in Christian Education. A model that allows you to access information from anywhere in the world, on any device. Check out our class options below and get signed up today!
Meet Google Classroom
How to get signed up
- Go to classroom.google.com
- Sign in with an existing Google Account or create a new one
- Press the little plus sign where it says “create or join your first class”
- Press join class when prompted
- Enter the corresponding code below for the class you are interested in
- That’s it! From there you can download lessons, comment on posts for classmates to see and get Google Calendar reminders.
Children (K-5th Grade)
K-2 Class Code: 84swy // 3-5 Class Code: 312x0ra
From September 15th to the end of November Children will be studying the Epic Teachings of the Bible beginning with Paul’s Fruits of the Spirit. They will grow in these topics through interactive storytelling, crafts, experiments, and video lessons. Children’s lessons are timed to be approximately 30 minutes long are taught by a rotating team of passionate teachers.
Youth (6th – 12th)
Middle School Class Code: v0u97pf
High School Class Code: tez6gi
Youth will dig into serious topics on faith, life, and their futures through something fun – board games! Youth will laugh, encourage one another, and talk about Biblical lessons that come out of popular games such as UNO, monopoly, Jenga, Twister, Heads Up, and more. Also, make sure to check out our youth page for a list of fun activities to expect this year!
Journey’s Class Code: m4wyun2
We offer two year-round classes, Journeys and Pillars and Bridges
- Journeys: A year-long (Sept. – May) study of Old and New Testaments that helps us to look at our favorite biblical stories through the lens of contextual study. It might sound complicated but assure you, it’s accessible whether this is your first time picking up a Bible or you’ve been studying it for your whole life. The group meets in Fireside off the main hallway and across from Harris Hall.
- Pillars and Bridges: This adult class of married, single, and divorced members began more than 30 years ago as “Parenting 101”. If a classmate has a parenting or family issue, the group strives to discuss potential courses of action from our own experiences. The leaders plan spiritually based lessons to faciliate the conversation and encourage group discussion. The class meets in Room 101 off Harris Hall.